Followers

Library Lady

Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Linger

Yesterday my neice and I attended staff development. She had to attend all day while I only had to attend 1/2 day. I stayed at the location after I finished because we rode together. While there, I started reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. It is interesting to note that young authors today are rewriting the horror terrors of long ago. For example, in Twilight the vampires have completly different properties and powers as do the werewolves in Linger. I am only a third of the way into the book, I will write a review and post it once I am finished.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading your review. Yes, properties of "non-humans" like vampires, are different in the Twilight series. I read that Stephanie Meyers had not read any other vampire stories and had a dream from which she based her story. In vampire books and movies of the past, as in Bram Stoker's Dracula, the undead beings are different. I guess since it's all make-believe, it doesn't matter what the properties are...or does it? Hmmm