Followers

Library Lady

Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Staff and Library book orders

The new staff of my new school is going to have a meet and greet session on Thursday.  I will get to meet the new people as well as find out who is returning from the old school.  I will also be going to meet with the director of librarians to go over the library order for the new school.  It seems I ordered heavily for females and not enough for males. The fact of the matter is, the males prefer the magazines (Magna, Anime, Games, etc.) to books.  A few of them will read graphic novels dealing with these subjects. However, the vast majority of them prefer to read non-fiction such as sports, cars, drawing, and army books. Believe me I have tried to introduce them to fiction via the likes of Meyers and Volponi to no avail.  Any suggestions from my director will be greatly appreciated.  I will post her suggestions .

No comments: